Steel Type - Select Your Characters
When the mark you need to make will frequently change, Steel Type will fit the bill. You can use it to arrange individual characters for spelling out different names, codes or serial numbers, etc. Simply insert these interchangeable characters into a Type Holder (sold separately) and start leaving impressions in metal.
The characters available for purchase are:
- Uppercase Letters A-Z
- Numbers 0-9
- Special Characters . , / - & (period, comma, forward slash, dash and ampersand)
- Works with Standard Handheld Holder or Machine Holder
- Precision ground blanks to give clear marks of consistent depth.
- Clear character styles for a quality mark
- Hardened to 59-63 Rockwell C to give optimum life, and safety in use.
- Nickel plated - resists rust
- Type can be used in a hand holder (to be hit with a hammer), or can be used in a machine holder (to be used in a press, holder & press sold separately).
- Safety note - we recommend use of safety goggles when using these products.
In stock unless noted
To better assist you in choosing a font size, we have put together a PDF comparison chart. Simply print out the file on letter size paper, making sure it is set to print at Actual Size.