NOTE: Pryor sets are nickel plated and come in a red case, Hanson Sets are in a gray case.
These Low Stress Round –Face Stamps feature the A - Z block letter characters with rounded crests, for low stress marking. These steel stamps are primarily used by the Aerospace, Nuclear and Oil industries or where reduced stress marking is a requirement.
Available in character sizes from 1.58 mm or 1/16" (.0625") to 12.5 mm or 1/2" (.500") also available in 0-9 number sets and combination sets. Several sizes are manufactured by Pryor, and come with a bright red plastic case, several other sizes are manufactured by Hanson, and come in a gray plastic case. See chart below for details.
- Easily stamp and spell words without fear of breakage or premature character wear.
- Entire alphabet from A-Z
- Rounded-Style characters, an ideal low-stress choice for fragile surfaces
- Beveled for precision marks
- Stamp front side marked to indicate correct orientation
- Character sizes from 1.58 mm or 1/16" (.0625") to 12.5 mm or 1/2" (.500") sold separately in sets of figures 0 - 9, letters A - Z or combination sets.
- Packed in strong plastic boxes with separate compartments for each stamp, to allow rapid selection. Pryor cases are red, Hanson are gray.
- Suitable for all engineering and Industrial applications
- Hanson Sets: Quality heat-treated, alloy steel, made in the USA
- Pryor Sets: Quality Nickel plated, heat-treated alloy steel, made in the UK
- Base Price indicates 1/8" Pryor character set
- Quality controlled steel alloy
- Precision heat treated to a hardness of 58-62 Rockwell C at the character and 32-40 Rockwell C at the striking end.
- Used with 16 oz. Ball-Peen Hammer or Impact Press
- Safety note - we recommend use of safety goggles when using these products.
Ships in approx. 5-8 business days
- Hanson & Pryor sets are different - See above photos
To better assist you in choosing a font size, we have put together a PDF comparison chart. Simply print out the file on letter size paper, making sure it is set to print at Actual Size.
- Click on Custom Orders for information on the custom order process.
- Click on Design Assistance for design help and ideas.
- Click on Instructions and Care for product use and care.
- Click on Quality Assurance to read about our commitment to serve you.
- Click on Return Policy for return information and instructions.